July 20, 2009

Ryszard Mikolajczuk, nom de guerre "Szkot", NSZ (National Armed Forces) soldier.

I was arrested on July 3, 1948 in Sidlce. The initial investigation and the interrogations that followed took place at the MO [People’s Militia; pol. Milicja Obywatelska] headquarters in Sidelce. The interrogations lead by [Polish secret police] interrogator [named] Kowalczyk took place in a large room adjacent to his government-issued apartment. The front door to the room was guarded by armed [secret police] sentry.


Before the interrogations began, I had to strip naked. From beginning to the end of interrogations, I would hear more cursing and profanities in Russian than in Polish. Whether I answered any questions or not, I was beaten with a riding riding crop called “nahayka”. When the interrogator got tired of hitting me with the riding crop he would start over again, this time hitting me with an edge of a long ruler. Helped by another functionary, whom he would call to assist him, he would strike the most intimate parts of my body. These interrogations would last usually between 3 to 6 hours. In order to make this “play” more fun, they would also use various electrical devices. One of the functionaries would attach the end of a cable to my finger, and the other cranked the generator. The faster he cranked the more I was shocked; it felt as if my entire body was being torn to pieces from within.


Read more on our website ...

No comments:

Post a Comment